Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Yay, we have Spanish people coming to Coe!

For the first time ever we will have Spanish students at Coe. Their names are Carlos and Sara and they will be in Iowa for the fall semester. I was able to meet them and I was so proud to be able to represent Coe and tell them about all of the things that there are to do on campus (even though I did tell them that Cedar Rapids is way different from Castellon in many ways). They are both very nervous about getting all of their paperwork done for Coe and for UJI and getting their visas, but I assured them that in the end it will all work out and that it will be worth it.
I am so excited to have Spanish people at Coe. I will not be taking any Spanish courses next semester so having them there will give me a chance to keep up on what I have learned here. Plus, I am excited that they will have someone to know when they get there. I think that that is something very valuable, having someone there that you know who can make you feel more comfortable. I know that I would have liked to have known someone here before I came, someone who knew the city and could introduce me to people. I don't mind that I didn't have that, but it would have been nice. I cannot wait to show them around campus and help them with any problems that they have. I cannot wait to introduce them to all of my friends and make Spanish dinners with them. One of the other things that they are worried about is eating dinner so early since they eat dinner here around 9 or later and we eat dinner at 5. But I know that once they get there they will adjust, just like I did when I got here.
I know that they will have no problem getting adjusted to Coe and am glad that I have gotten to meet them. I know that there will be more meetings with them before August and I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. It's very nice when I discover your college's website and find your blog. I'm from Vietnam and I'm a senior student. I know your college because there have been two groups of your college's students visited my university. It's nice if we can make friends!

    ReplyDelete